I am thankful for Blender.

Blender is my goto 3D app of all time, I simply love using it and learning more about it.
So far, I enjoy the node tree the best.

Thank’s Blender Foundation!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Share at least 1 thing about Blender you’re grateful for, then something else, could be anything.

Well, John it surely would not be nodes my blender buddy. My mind simply works with sliders and check boxes.

But, I can say this. I haven’t driven for many years and then one day stumbled across the old blender. It took three downloads before I could move that damn cube. Then away I went making little animations for my granddaughter on a Vista duo machine. With Blender 2.48 I believe. Little did I know the child was to sophisticated for my efforts even then. :slight_smile: But, they say it’s the thought that counts.

Now being old with no transportation Blender has been a godsend, guy. And, a way to connect with a interest in art earlier in life. Not to mention all of this amazing art on the forum here. I could have never afforded Maya. So what Ton has done here is simply amazing to me. And, really appreciated. And, the developers who keep this going are simply in a class of their own.

I have a little family project going which I hope I can finest. And, needless to say it’s being all done in Blender. And, yes I hope it’s a little better then my early Kendall Renders. My little granddaughter is not so little anymore. Blender, well Ton gave 3d art to the masses is what he did. What else can be said. That is his legacy and one I hope he wears proud. Blender or four thousand dollars. Hey, thanks to Ton and all the developers down through the years. Much appreciated.

Yup, thanks a ton for blender (pun intended) :). I specifically like that it enables you to produce stuff that could compete with pros from other softwares. There are a lot of weaknesses for sure, but my inability as an artist is far greater limiting than blender’s incapabilities :).

i love mostly the materials node editor, and the non overlapping interface, its ahead of other programs in that area

Who isn’t?

I really love all of Blender, it is simple to use, highly customizable, the nodes editor very effective ! I really enjoy using it :wink:
Thanks for what guys behind blender do !

nodes

modifiers

data linking sharing between objects

modeling tools + add-ons (CAD)

color management while preview rendering

cycles preview rendering

compositor

No need for Modo or C4D. From Maya I only miss the NURBS tools.