my tablet isn't working!

so this is another thread about a problem I’m having with my UC logic tablet. This time it’s different though!
I can’t move the cursor. This happened all of the sudden. Here’s the story:

I haven’t used my tablet in a while, and I wanted to use it for a project I started working on for school. I picked it up and started hovering the pen over the tablet. Nothing happened. I pressed the pen onto the tablet and all the other buttons on the pen AND the tablet. Nothing happened. But when I pressed the pen while in chrome, it preformed what I call the “back action”. It took me back to a previous page.

Then I thought “this must be a driver problem with linux” (I’m using ubuntu), so I plugged it into my laptop, which runs windows 10. Same thing.

What’s even weirder is that the tablet actually recognizes the pen as if it’s working perfectly fine. I know that because there’s a blue LED on the top left that lights up whenever the pen interacts with the tablet in any way.

sooo no suggestions?

I got a new mouse that has a back and forward buttons, and when I use those buttons in blender, the key screencast addon displays the “Mousebutton 4” and “Mousebutton 5” respectively. then I tried using my tablet once again while blender is running, and pushed the stylus against the surface of the tablet. It displayed “Mousebutton 4”. Then when I pressed one of the side buttons it displayed “Mousebutton 5”
what does that mean?! DX
will getting a replacement stylus fix this? or is the issue originated from the tablet itself? PLEASE HELP!

Looking at the website of the company that made the tablet I’m thinking that they don’t make very good products, it doesn’t look like they offer any sort of support either. You might have to replace the tablet.

I just got a new pen for my tablet, hoping that the problem is from the original pen that came with it
it’s not. It’s still doing the same thing with the new pen. I’m starting to see why people prefer wacom.
I’ll probably have to go with your suggestion, shajuke. But I don’t wanna spend a lot of money on it, since I don’t have a lot.
what do you think is the best brand to go with that isn’t wacom (cuz it’s expensive to me)?