Learning to use blender drivers.

Hello. I’m trying to learn how to use drivers in order to use them in another project I would like to do. I’m following this tutorial and I have run into a problem. Here is a link to the video. The part of the video I’m referencing to starts at 9:25 and goes to 9:40. If you pause the video on 9:40, you will be able to compare the ¨Prop and Value¨ results to the attached image.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYKjku8EDEI

The ¨Prop¨ stays red signifying a problem with the script and the ¨Value¨ doesn’t change to 1.

I made some mistake the first time, so I decided to redo everything again to make sure I didn’t miss anything. This time I’m pretty sure I did everything.

Attachments

Did you try the update dependencies button ? up load your blend then it will be easier for people to take a look…

Ah, ok. I’ve never used forums before and it takes some getting use to. Thanks for the tip on getting more help.

I tried to find the dependecies button. I’m not sure what you are talking about. Anyways, Here is the blend file . . .
ladder.driver.blend (480 KB)

The Update Dependencies button is right there in your screenshot :slight_smile:

You copied the wrong path in the in the driver path panel…i think you took the path of the shape key and its not possible to drive the shape key with the shape key.
You have to copy the path of the property of the AMATURE…and everything works like expected.