MMO Animated Adventures

Hello! Today i have put out my most recent and probably highest quality animation i’ve ever done. So i’d like to post it here and kind of get a feeling of where i’m at with my studies on all this…

When i animate, i find myself staring at the project for so long i feel like i can’t even see it anymore. I can’t tell if it’s any good or not.

Anyway, on the side, i do a series with a friend of mine playing an MMo game, and i lost the recording for one episode, so i took the sounds from my friends and animated a “best of” out of what that episode would have been. So none of this was scripted or planned to be an animation in the first place.

This was actually also my first time i’ve ever used the NLA editor. i switched to the NLA editor around 2:25 in the video.
Other than that i didn’t even need a tutorial for anything else. I’m just at the point where i know how to do all these things.

Then just some quick questions i’m sure you’ll have:
1.Why do they both have sunglasses?
-in the game they give stats so everyone has them

2.What does sneaker/Asal/Res/Drag/Buff mean?

• A skill that holds a monster in place, a special train-like punch, Resurrection of a dead player, pulling aggressive monsters away from their pack, and buffs are temporary stat boosts.
  1. Why do the monsters teleport?
  • to keep players from cheating with safe spots, they teleport to you if it takes too long for them to get to you.

Anyway! here is the final thing, i’d love to hear your thoughts! maybe not so much on the story of it itself cause like i said, this wasn’t scripted whatsoever. But i’d like to hear about how well it looks, if the characters look nice, the landscape, the motions, the sounds… any sort of thing like that ^-^

I guess i just worry if i’m good enough or not in general for animation <:x

I like your timing a lot, works very well with the sound side, but your animations are a bit stiff.

Funny stuff, though :slight_smile:

Thank you :smiley:
Timing is actually something i’ve struggled really hard with over this past year or so.
Rendering this at 30fps and using the NLA editor helped alot with that though. However, i did learn that i fi have a cycle animation set up such as a run cycle, i should never slow down the speed to make his footsteps match the ground because some of the slowed running looked pretty weird… so instead i should change the location keyframes instead.

Stiff animation… i think i know what you mean :slight_smile: i often try and make sure things are always miving on characters, but perhaps i need to put a little more character in them and have them looking around more and make it seem more like they are thinking inside that empty head of theirs :stuck_out_tongue:

Its really good man. For the time id suggest just play in back it with the bones/armature visible then you will have an idea of the speed they are moving at. I praise you for making the animation so long i won’t of had the patients. keep up the good work. Cheers. :slight_smile: id send you a link to some of my work but the rules say you cant put url in you post but maybe a message if you interested

You packed up a lot of movement in the characters which I thought was really good. Where their faces weren’t so expressive their gestures were. The landscape seemed thinly populated but game-like. I know it’s hard to make woods and other settings busy.

Rendering wise, my favorite look was that bear (?) stuck in the tree getting out! There was some shading there that was interesting. This effort was totally worthwhile! The characters look fantastic - the tear streams were very funny!