Light system update

I have an idea for two simple additions to the BGE lighting system. one of them being limiting the number of light an object can be influenced by at once. the other being light probes, ether in sh or ambant cube (ambant cubes are simple representations of light like using a cube map, but only with 6 colours/values). if it can’t be done in python thats fine, just need any, even a hacky way of doing it, anything gose. I’d like to know how to do that in python. any help or direction with this is very much appreciated.

list.sorted = the tool to shift lamps,

if a lamp hook is not in the closest X remove its lamp,

if a lamp hook is in the closeset X and not populated by a lamp, add a lamp there from the list of inactive lamps.

thit way there is not a bunch of unnecessary shifting around,

I store the light color as either a string and use eval([R,G,B])

or store it by setting object color in the lamp hook object.

using three properties to build the color is actually convenient for

if R is changed----------Python1
if G is changed----------Python1
if B is changed----------Python1

so the hook color changing changes the color of the lamp using a little snippet

if type(own[‘Lamp’]) is not string:

if a nifty little trick for the hook.

if the hook has a lamp its property

own[‘Lamp’]= the lamp game object added to the scene for that hook

if the lamp is removed you set it to the string “Empty”

this sounds hacky, and it kinda is, but I use the object type often

if own[‘Lamp’] equal Empty---------python

can be used to avoid double executions.

whats you’er email?

can the lights that are in use be pre object?
Like this

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjPrYHms7DJAhXJ6iYKHbuIB8MQFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fadvances.realtimerendering.com%2Fs2011%2FLazarov-Physically-Based-Lighting-in-Black-Ops%20(Siggraph%202011%20Advances%20in%20Real-Time%20Rendering%20Course).pptx&usg=AFQjCNEA6p5k2ZaYjcMCzeQZVVKs5RZsXg&sig2=DKjzKogntq9ETV4odi9TVg

page 6 onword

by the way this is grate reading for anyone looking to implement a simple but usable pbr system, albeit with limitations. It’s a big influence on how I do my shading, because it’s relitively quick and easy, but it works, even on intel 440.

It’s not suitable for inclusion for several reasons;

1. It uses the particle simulator
  2. It’s for rendering (not collisions)
  3. It’s not suitable for realtime (too slow)

I’m not sure I know what you’er talking about. the paper I referenced if it was the right one is from black ops 1.

I apologise, I did not reply to this thread. I am not sure why this is here!