3d modelling final bit HELP PLEASE

So like I’ve showed before I have a 3d model of the Wright Flyer that I need for 3d printing. But I need help joining up all the objects as one union for 3d printing. I need someone who understands booleans to union them up because whenever I do it it goes all wrong. PLEASE HELP ME!!!It is due in one week!blender-2015-11-11.zip (1.46 MB)blender-2015-11-11.zip (1.46 MB)

I’m not going to download and fix what appears to be homework (Especially a zip file)

Before you attempt any joining (making 2 objects 1), or booleans, you should apply all of your modifiers. You should apply all of your scales, rotations, and rotations (Ctrl a) after doing that you can try boolean and joins.

I’ve done a you said but to no avail. Please can you just tell me what the problem is?

First, Pack your texture maps when you can please. It helps keep others peoples harddrive clean.

Next you need to make a clean up pass to remove some vertex doubles.

Make sure all modifiers are applied

Selects all of your parts then and hit control A. You want to apply your location rotation and scale

Hit all of your parts once more and highlight one of them and then join.

Although if you are doing this for 3d printing I think you will need to mash your meshes together, To hell with your topology if need be. And then go though your remesh option and take it fairly high on the smooth setting.

Thanks for helping! So what is a clean up pass and could you show me pictures so I know what to do?

To ‘cross’ mirrored parts is not a good idea. Correct by setting 3d cursor to center (use wings e.g. as a reference object you will be centering around) go edit mode on parts which are mirroring on opposite side from what the wings are (switch off Mirror modifier visibility to see that on object), make sure Pivot is set to 3d cursor and Ctrl-M mirror on X selected vertices.
To do even less work apply Mirror modifiers on parts, Join all objects Ctrl-J and delete one half in edit mode, then add Mirror modifier again.
Select all and Ctrl-N normalize face normals.
Space bar search - Intersect and on toolshelf or F6 popup - Self Intersect. Make sure wing supports (poles, whatever these are called) are inside the wing mesh before - they do not reach wings everywhere. Select all - delete doubles.
Delete faces and vertices which are inside wings - “Select Inside Faces” sometimes does not work as one might think - you need to check this.
Connect other parts so that meshes are inside where needed and again - Intersect, Self Intersect all selected mesh. Delete doubles, clean inside leftover vertices, faces.
Since you had not applied Mirror yet there was less cleanup to do, now you can apply modifier and see if frame can be printed at all…

Could you show me pictures? Thnx!

Quick example - http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=95920

Last image - mesh is triangulated to get rid of n-gons, printer might not like them. Select all, Ctrl-T triangulate.