The Raven - Planned For Desura And Steam Greenlight

I DID IT, I FINISHED A GAME!

Ok, so, for a very long time, I’ve been working on my game ‘The Raven’. And, obviously, it’s done.

However, ofcourse, simply finishing the project wasn’t the end goal. I have plans to sell it and I’d like to open a discussion on how, why, where, when, what to do about it, who to go to about it, things like this. I’ve already made plans for setting it up at Desura, and selling it for like, 99cents or something. But I also have plans for selling on Steam through the Steam Greenlight system. How has everyone else fared with that?

If you have used Steam Greenlight, what was the experience like? And if you have any other helpful tips and information for me, let me know.

Here’s a video:

Thanks guys (I MADE A GAME!),

• TomCat

I can’t help much. I even haven’t bought any game in Steam:D Yeah, but I have received 2 games as a gift, both Windows-only(currewntly) while I am on Linux, lol:D

I was more referring to your experiences SELLING games on Steam, and you’re own experiences with Steam Greenlight, if you have any experiences with those things. But thank you. :slight_smile:

I mean it that I even can’t vote for Greenlight even not the fact that I can’t publish for iy ury…

how did you get the FPS? Can I see the line of code?

I’ll do you one better. This is a .blend file example of the whole application of Framerate to text.

You do realise you can play most games on steam linux now lol

This looks like a fun game, is it for DL or on steam yet?

I’m planning on throwing it up on Desura first, then trying to get it on Steam Greenlight. It’s on neither as yet, I’m still polishing, making sure I’ve got EVERYTHING sorted.

(updated first post with video)