Park House in Madrid, Spain.

I’ve been working on this for the last few days now. I made it in Blender and then did some post processing in Photoshop. It was my first time rendering grass or any nature at all so tell me what you think. Is there anything I can do better? Thanks!

Portfolio:

Attachments

very nice are you using (pro-lighting sky)
can you add other shot

It’s great. I mean modeling lighting etc. BUT how could you not use any backdrop? No trees, mountains or anything? There are so many alpha mapped trees on blendswap that won’t affect your memory usage or render time noticeably. You would just need to make some border between render and your backdrop using a fence or something like that. Trees could also cast shadow on your models, making it even more interesting :slight_smile:
Try this and share results with us.

Good observation. To be honest, I didn’t even think about that until after the render, so thanks. I think it would be easier to render the back ground as an alpha in blender and then add in trees and a sky in photoshop later, as I have seen most arch. visualizers do. Well, looks like I have another 30 hours of rendering time ahead of me… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I used the demo version with the morning sky. Here is another picture (per request) that I rendered before this one, again using pro lighting sky. I didn’t care for the uninteresting lighting and harsh shadows so I used the morning texture instead and achieved the result that was posted.

Guys. Where do you always find such grass carpet. Or how you model it i was always wandering. It is not particles grass ? Isnt it?

@SilverLand
For good results you should model multiple different grass strands and use them as the models for the hair system.