Seamless Rocky Soil Texture [FREE DOWNLOAD]

Extra Giveaway!
Seamless Rocky Soil Texture 1920x1920
(Diffuse, Normal, Displacement, Specular, Ambient Occlusion)

Feel free to use it any way you like! It’s nice if you credit me but it’s not obligatory. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Texture applied to a cylinder

Texture applied to a cylinder, x2 repeating pattern

Diffuse, Normal, Displacement, Specular, Ambient Occlusion

Download here:
https://mega.nz/#!zMFlxDgb!DzpmVODiaBjyw-9O1rwhyrRczrrNHkYF6gTgzwR6frA

Thanks for all these textures Soady, very useful. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Links updated.

Thank you kind sir :slight_smile:

Thanks! Hvala!

I feel like an ungrateful jerk asking this, but is there a mirror that doesn’t require me to download software?

Just click the “download through your browser” option? Didn’t prompt me to install anything.

Yes, 0ldScratch is right, “download through your browser” option downloads directly, you don’t need Mega’s app. :slight_smile:

Please let this comment stand for all that you have offered the community in the past week or so.
These are really excellent and appreciated.
Thank you,
Els

How do you set up displacement map to achieve this kind of result?
This is a part were I really sucks, so would appreciate if you share your thoughts.

I have tried to put it into displacement input, multiply | color ramp - nope
Tried displacement modifier… I am getting pretty random results here - made object with sqare faces - didn’t help

Could you offer some tips?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Yes, you need to divide your mesh into around 1000 vertices by going into edit mode, selecting all and pressing W>S. If your mesh is not square add edgeloops until you get rectangular faces. After you’ve done this you need to add a Subsurf modifier and divide the mesh until it has around 500K vertices, the more the better. Then you add a Displacement modifier with the displacement map as the texture for it. Make sure you set the Texture Coordinates to UV. Experiment with different values for Strength. After this you can add a Decimate modifier to reduce the poly count but keep the general form.

If any of this doesn’t help you…

Here you can download for free a .blend file of mine:

:slight_smile:

Took me some time to get to it again. Appreciate for making blend available. Thank you!

Finally I did get some good looking results when I used displacement input from material node and changed its appearance to experimental->true displacement.

Will look into your blend now :slight_smile: