Smoke Cache

am using blender 2.72
trying to create smoke… I put in my cube and set it to be the flow… smoke…
added another cube around the other and set it as the domain… my smoke cache is grayed out
and cannot click on 'Bake"
I’ve started a new project, did the quick smoke function … still the cache area is grayed out and
i cannot click on “bake”

I tried 4 times and the area is grayed out...
   any idea what is wrong .. I have created smoke before  but not working this time

thanks
have a good day

Save your blend file.

The cache files are saved in the same location as your .blend file so you need to save your file first to tell blender where that location is

thanks… I just found my answer… oh duh… am learning all this and got stuck and didn’t realize I had to save it first… I was testing it…
do have a question… is there a way to get smoke in the domain to go down instead of up? I watched a tutorial where he did it using a force field and a force wind field, but I can’t get it to work…

thanks

In your Domain’s smoke settings, adjust the “Temp. Diff.” value. A positive value makes smoke move up, a negative value makes it go down. With smoke sims (and with most sims of all sorts) there are a dozen ways to do everything, but adjusting the Temp Diff value is a nice universal way to tweak this for smoke.

great… thanks Benu… appreciate the reply am going back to work on my Blender stuff…
have a great evening