Baking ChildOf Constraint

Hello!
I often use ChildOf Constraint on my armatures. And I note that when I bake it, the baked animation lags behind the action it is supposed to perform. I have to manually correct the curves. Is it a bug? Or can I fix it somehow?
Thanks in advance.

The same thing with CopyLocation Constraint, by the way… Have to correct the curves after baking :frowning:

Here is the video by the way. Sorry, youtube made it too blurred.
There’s a little bone inside the head, that is constrained to the long Head bone by Copy Location Constraint. And you can see that it constantly fails, that is lags behind.
The video is rendered at 1/3 speed. But at real speed it is just the same.
As I said before, the same problem is with Child Of Constraint.
These Constraints are very important in animation (I believe :))
But don’t they work properly in Blender? Or am I doing anything wrong?

I seem to have figured this out at last!
I had an IK constraint on the bone from which location was copied. This IK was switched OFF. But it somehow still influenced the calculations of the CopyLocation Constraint. I had to DELETE this IK constraint. Then DELETE the CopyLocation Constraint. Then CREATE a new CopyLocation. At last it would work :slight_smile:
Ufff…
As far as ChildOf Constraint concerned, it will take into consideration not only the Parent Bone of the Constraint, but also the original Parent bone of the bone being constrained… I don’t know if it is useful. I think it is just confusing to me :slight_smile: Usually if one wants to get influence of several bones, one can use several ChildOf Constraints with different influences. And the other way round, if one wants to get ChildOf of just one certain bone, only transformation of this very bone is needed, not of several.
So in most cases one is to use CopyLocation + CopyRotation instead of ChildOf in complex armatures.

Hope, these ideas would be somehow interesting to someone :slight_smile:
Regards :slight_smile:

Thanks for updating your post. I’ve had issues like this before and it’s good to read your experiences.