Fluid Domain question

am using blender 2.72… have a mountain I created and trying to get water flowing down the front as a waterfall…
I’m working in Blender Render… I had it working but lost it and now can’t recreate and not sure why…
I need the water to flow down at an angle, not straight down… I can get the fluid working when the domain box is squared or rectangle, but when I change the box to be angled and not straight down, I can’t get it to create the fluid flow again… the mountain front isn’t straight down, it angles from top down to the bottom and at the bottom I have it so it looks like water at the base… and I want the fluid to flow into the water at the bottom… I had it working and now suddenly can’t get it to work. not sure why… any ideas… how do I make the water flow down the mountain at an angle?

hope I explained it okay… not sure… this is the pic of the mountain scene… coming down the front is not straight down…it angles from top to bottom out toward the camera… I have a particle system on it also … was using it to create water droplets coming down… looked pretty good til I lost the fluid system for some reason… just quit working…

thanks
have a good day

Attachments

I finally, after about 12 attempts, got the fluid flowing, but it is not solid like it usually is… it is showing chunky … is there a way to make this solid… I’ve tried a cube and tried a sphere as the inflow… don’t know why I am getting it looking like this… how do I make this solid… it appears as it it is not smooth, but it is… I used the “smooth” under the tools…

I'm new and trying to learn the program and different things in here...  

Thanks … appreciate any suggestions on what to do to fix this

have a great day

Attachments

You don’t need to rotate the domain object, as the fluid simulator will only use its bounding box… To recreate this in the fluid simulator, the simplest approach would be to have a Fluid object for the sea, and an Inflow object for the water of the cascate. The terrain should be set to obstacle.
Here’s an example file:
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/39331

Other than that, you can use fluid particles for the cascate instead of a complete fluid sim… It will give you a bit more control of the flow, and the material.

Edit: After your second post, you’ll need to add more resolution to your domain, increase the RealWorldSize and increase the inflow velocity(for more water).

thanks secrop I will try that… and will check out the file you sent… appreciate your reply… I’ve been trying to learn and sometimes gets stuck on what I’m trying to create…

have a great day
thanks