Strange artifacts in model surfaces

Hello,

I’m encountering some strange visual artifacts in the surface of a model I’m working on. At first, I thought perhaps it was due to multiple faces overlapping each other, but I’m certain that’s not happening here. I’ve also applied all modifiers and checked my normals, so I’m at a loss as to determine what, exactly is causing the problem. It’s visible both in solid and rendered modes (see below).

Any suggestions?

Please always supply an example .blend file for review with any support question. There is just too many variables at play in a complex piece of software as Blender.

Other than that: Did you by any chance mess with the viewport clipping settings? Reset them to default values. Is this issue visible in final (F12) renders, too?

sample.blend (2.24 MB)

See attached for the portion that’s giving me trouble.

I did a final render and it looks fine, there.

As I suspected: You messed around with the viewport clipping. Change the end clipping back to default (right click > reset to default value) and the artefacts should be gone.

Thanks! I changed the clipping because I was bringing in a large amount of USGS data for a terrain model. Had no idea it would create that sort of issue.