Line Extrude problem?

Hi.

I have a line:

Now I extrude it (Z = 1):

The problem here is, that the middle part looks smaller.

How can I extrude this line, that it looks like it has the exact same distance?

I assume that you’ve made that from a bezier curve, just go the object data and extrude it like in this picture:

Now, if you want a mesh to be evenly extruded, you need to do following steps. Extrude the line along one if it’s co-planar axises then inset it with “I” key and input your thickness and depth value as you see fit.

It’s a mesh. I made it with proportional edit. Can you please explain, how can I do it with the mesh line? I don’t understand that with “I”?

That’s the I key on the keyboard. Select everything like in this picture

and press I, then hold Ctrl while moving your mouse to adjust the depth. Note that this operation doesn’t work on edges and vertices, it only works on faces.

I don’t need the depth.

When you give depth to your flat mesh you’ll get the sides that fit your requirements as you’ve stated in your post. Just remove everything else and you’ll be fine.

I need to extrude this on the z axis. Not x or y. I tried that with your “I” key, but that’s not what I want. The first image you have posted. This looks good. I can’t make it like that, because I don’t have a bezier curve.

Shift A, Curve -> Bezier. The settings for the curve can be seen on the picture in my first post. Once you do all that convert the bezier curve to mesh with alt+C --> Mesh.

Thank you. Now everything works.

Extra little tip…

On a bezier curve object, you can get same-ish shaped curves with different handle lengths on the end-points and it will also effect the spacing of the resulting mesh. The segments respect the tension there. Twist settings (properties panel with point active in edit mode), twisting setting (curve properies), U resolution in a curve, and bevel factor settings (greyed out but still adjustable?) also play a role. Turn on the wire visibility for a curve if you want to watch the mesh the curve generates in action while making adjustments.