problems baking normal maps

I have tried by the love of god everything, my normal maps in blender cycles to baking fully giving me half done uvs, my uv maps created in blender internal apply nicely in blender internal but does not apply well when using cycles i have tried all combinations of nodes in the node editor, i even resorted to installing kubuntu 15.04 coming from windows 10, hell i have even tried older versions of blender inorder to bake my high to low poly model…

PS i am not a noob, i have been using blender for years and everything else seams fine except blender baking tool, its been broken for a long time and has continued to be inconsistant when i use this feature…

even the baking tools poeple have created have said that theirs issues with blenders baking…

need serious help since i have been really pulling my hair, for weeks, trying to solve this baking issue please help

can anyone help me with this please

Help us to help you.

Have you adjusted the “ray distance” parameter? Looks to me like your high-poly isn’t reaching your low-poly mesh in all places for the bake. I believe increasing Ray Distance (by a very small amount most of the time) can make the difference.

Start with a low-resolution image to bake to, fiddle with those settings, then when there aren’t any “gaps” in the bake, you can go for the full-res image bake.

thanks il try that in a bit…

just a quick Question whose baking system is stronger, and better zbrush or blender…when baking im looking for consistent bakes, and who uv process is better…

I’ve never tried baking in zbrush, sorry!

Thanks for your time. I actually getting used to zbrush at the moment and may infact use it in my pipeline/workflow, since the displacement maps, re-topology and UV mapping features are more consistent.