need help with blender slowing down

Hey guys l,

i have Recently finished my high res sculpt of a body with head and face included in the same mesh, but there are some things like the face or head i want to move a little or do some minor things in edit mode. when i get out of sculpt mode, and only choose the head to move around, it keeps lagging when i move it. it gets worse when i turn on and use proportional editing, it either freeze or it takes very long for it to process and let me proceed with the moving. i understand that it is a high res sculpt (verts:236706…faces:473346…tris:473346). but i really build this computer dedicated for blender only and i thought it should be faster than this.

1. How can i make the lagging stop and the freezing when using the proportional editing and speed up edit mode with high res sculpts or meshes?

2. in editing mode, am i using the cpu or my gefoce gtx980ti gpu card?

thanks you in advance

CPU:
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75820K Desktop

Graphics Card:

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-4995-KR 6GB SC+ GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling w/ Free Installed Backplate Graphics Card

Use the sculpt tool instead of proportional editing. There should be a grab brush that’s similar to proportional editing.

i tried, but not the whole head moves as i need it to like using proportional editing. am i using the cpu when i proportional editing or my gpu? can i use my gpu in edit mode? .there is no way of speeding proportional editing?

Hi

I have same setup as You…I just tried to subdiv Suzan to 500.000 and 2 M faces.

500.000 Faces…No problem to move Suzan around - rotate…I will call it very close to smooth.

2 M Faces…Take a little 1 - 2 sec…before I can rotate Suzan…A fast rotaion is like 4 steps for the rotation…No freeze.

500.000 Faces and Proportional editing Work good No lag…Hm if very very little.

2 M I think it’s workable ?..But sure I feel the lag…:slight_smile:

Here is a Picture show some memory info.

Gpu is not used…If very little…:slight_smile:

I’m a Noob so not sure what You have to do to get better result…In userpref/system - I have VBOs ticked and triple buffer in Windows draw metode.

Forgot to say Grab Brush in sculpt Work so SMOOTH and pretty good on 2 M Susan.

I use daily build…Don’t think it make the big differences…Puff Puff

Hope You get it solved.

Tai

Thank you Tai. :smiley: