Let's make Blender little more famous on internet

I created this post on Imgur. There has been almost 100 people who liked it, but it could also become little more visible, so if you dare, you can go to there and like it also so Blender gains visibility. (easy task)

If you have some of your own places where you are “marketing” blender, then please share it on this thread and we as community will help you.

You can’t advertise a 3D modelling software or anything productive for that matter

And you probably don’t want blender to be more famous

do you want the same idiotic, blind community that thinks it’s okay to argue day and night about what team/piece of plastic is better to join blender?
Or for devs/users to get DDOSED because they removed something/said something they don’t like[ Judging by the hate against Andrew Price… looks like he is likely to be the first]
Or the WIP threads to be filled with non sense critique that make no sense
Or people just dismissing CG as an artform because “computer”
Or a community that is so ungrateful it’s almost shameful
Or a community with unrealistic demands that make absolutely no sense and would rather blame the software than actually think through…

Gone on long enough for further info

Take a step back and look at what this place could be if blender was a little more famous
http://boards.4chan.org/3/

I like the inclusiveness of the CG community
it keeps the venom out.

Have to agree with @fdfxd here: when Blender went to Steam it immediately started getting loaded with reviews along the lines of “the ui sucks ive been at it for like 5 hours dont get it ppl just like it bc its free”. Barely even exaggerated that. You want a large community but more importantly you want a dedicated community, and that can’t be found just by spreading the word.

Of course there is down sides. I don’t deny it. There are “bad people” and “good people” But the earlier people starts using some software, the more they will love it. Today most schools starts their 3d studies with autodesk without any realistic change to even think that Blender would be use in any professional matter. That kind of schools will grow up people who say without even trying that “Blender sucks / cannot be used professionally”. If you even once say in Maya forum workd “blender” you will be laughed out of that place. I already know few that kind of people.

If more people begins to be more interested, then also some developers starts to understand that there could be some future for this software.

I’ve been working few years as graphical designer on one web development house that has some very talented developers. Some of them are interested about Blender and one reason to that is only because I’ve been talking about it. Not everyone in places like imgur / 4chan are full retarded. Their humor might be little twisted, but they still can be very talented at what they do.

That kind of “UI SUCKS” guys will test the software like 1 hour and then they vanish away, but then if there comes 10 that kind of guys, there also might come 1 gem with them. And for those gems we are marketing the software.

As you can see in my link, there already was one guy who said that he is learning CAD program and now wanted to learn also Blender with it. I think it is very cool and makes me proud of Blender. :slight_smile:

As far as “Blender sucks” perceptions go, I think we all should remember that “Blender 2.49 basically did suck,” from a modern user-interface point of view. (In other words, “it didn’t have one!”) So, if mention of the product-name “Blender” conjures-up images of that product … or if Googling for documentation still links to documentation pages for that product without prominent links to “new product” page (that actually exist … sigh), then people are not going to have too-favorable an impression of “Blender.”

But nevertheless, I think that Blender is very well-known in the CG world, and, especially now that it has received such a thorough and complete make-over, it is being used by a great many people for professional, bill-paying work. “Blender has arrived.”

What we should not expect, however, is for Blender to “displace” other products. That’s not a credible expectation. By-and-large, professional products never “displace” other products that have been integrated into bills-paying workflows. If you’ve painstakingly built up your reputation that you can execute million-dollar contracts and you’ve just signed yet another one, you do not change anything from “how you did it last time.” :slight_smile:

Would like to start making of Half-Life 3 happen(Half-Life 2 Episode 3,Half-Life 2 Episode 4) within Vlave Software employees?

I think you should be asking how to attract the Right people to blender. Do that by making good art. Be the artist someone wants to be when they grow up and show them your footsteps.

What is the purpose of making Blender more famous on the internet?
Is there a threat of Blender Foundation shutting down? or any other support closing? i.e. this web-site?

we are not your personal army

It also lacked a number of modern tools (heck even basic tools for that matter), no NGons, the render engine was incapable of global illumination and physically plausible shading, ect… People managed to make great stuff in it, but it’s not hard to find out just how much better Blender is today compared to what it was back then.

Now even the Blender 2.4x UI was considered a sizable improvement over how things look in Blender 2.25 (I guess it’s a good thing I never had to seriously deal with it).

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!As slogan

Not sure I understand this - or who it is directed at.

I am guessing it is directed at the OP and read here http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/x-is-not-your-personal-army …Most likely NSFW ((or human viewing))

I don’t know why he thinks I would like to want to have a personal army? I’m already my own personal army myself. Also I was not asking help for myself, but for Blender. I’m trying to market it for skilled people. When some post in places like imgur gets popular, it is worth for it’s creator for 0.

Also if someone is very talented at CG, he probably don’t wanna change his main queue / software he uses. But if someone is talented at drawing / painting, there might be less effort to help him find 3D also. At this point Blender comes to the picture.

Did Gabe Newell forgot about Half-Life 3(Episode 3 and 4 of hl2)?