HELP! Cannot open Blender - Crash to desktop!

I run Blender without problems, then all of a sudden, it stops working, and I cannot re-open Blender. It crash to desktop.

So I completely uninstalled and removed all of Blender, including those in AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation folder.

I reinstalled it using the ZIP-file, but when I go to System Preferences, it crash to desktop, same happens even if I choose preferences in 3D-view (make it preference window).

And I discovered a very odd thing indeed: It continously ask me to “recover recent file”, and I do so, it opens a very old file, that is supposed to be deleted. I don’t know where it got that file from. I don’t know where the file is stored, because I actually deleted it, its not in the trash, its nowhere.

I suspect Blender to be holding copies of recently opened files in some folder that I don’t know of. But where?
Also, I cannot find this “quit.blend”. But it keeps saying it can open these files, and when I do open them, seconds after Blender crash again.

Please help me out here!

I am runnin Win7, Blender 2.76b, official build.

I have taken a look at the follow folders and deleted them all:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation
c:\users[my user]\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation

These are the only folders Blender is supposed to work with. Yet, that seems not to be the case!

Please help me! I cannot go to System prefs without crash!

I forgot to mention my system specs:

Blender Version: All (including newest official, including older versions)
Intel Core i5 3570k CPU
RAM 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia Titan.

I suspect your computer may be sick, Did you try running the normal gambit of tools on it?

What exactly do you mean?

For some reason, downloading ZIP-version of Blender 2.54 and opening it, going to User Preferences -> System, works fine.
Then all of a sudden, the 2.76 version works fine too :slight_smile:

I don’t know what happens here. I think somebody should figure out what is going on. Why does opening a very old blender version, resolve the issue of crash at system prefs, even resolve it for the newest version?