Alternatives to Softbody?

Are there any viable alternatives to Blender Cycles to make things jiggle/bounce?

I have given up on Softbody entirelly. It’s random and chaotic, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, even thouth the models are nearly identical one works the other doesn’t. Sometimes the mesh disappears, implodes, explodes, swells, deforms and the list goes on and on independent of how much time you stay weight painting or messing with it’s settings.

It’s a nearlly useless system for me at the moment.

Is there any other alternative to it? Anything. I’m open to anything. Something that can work with Armature perhaps?

I’m deeply frustrated with that whole system and I just want something else for it. Anything.

There’s so many ways to get similar effects, displacement keyframing, pinned cloth, rigging, sims and shrinkwrap, dynamic paint, best if you describe exactly the effect you want in explicit detail. There’s always a way with blender, but you need a solid concept sketched out.

What effect exactly are you trying to achieve? It would be very helpful to know this and especially to provide a .blend file for us to look at.

I can’t provide you with the file now because I’m not near my PC right now. But essentially I was making two models of Women to practice a bit more my female anatomy which is a bit rusty and I wanted to make their Breasts move withouth me actually having to make them move. Hence why I thougth SoftBodies was the perfect thing. One of them is working with SoftBody, the other I got no idea…

And I was also working on an Alien Creature sometime ago which was suppose to have some parts of it move by itself but I got no luck with it.

Just to be clear you are talking about a Bay Watch style breast bounce?

I’m not sure what you mean with that, but I’m trying to be as realistic as it can possibly be. :slight_smile: