How to add keyboard shortcuts to Maya so I can change viewport like in Blender?

So my goal is to be able to hit the numpad 1,3, and 7 keys in Maya to change the view to front, side, and top, just like in Blender. I’m really new to Maya, and I have no idea how I’d go about doing this. Have any of you done this before/know how I could do it?

You’re going to miss a lot of Blender features and hotkeys in Maya. My advice would be to not induce additional nostalgia. You can already switch views by:

• tap spacebar over a view to maximize it, tap again to minimize it and go into quad view
  • hold space, click-hold on ‘Maya’, drag up for Perspective, down for Front, left for Top, right for Right. These ones are actually very fast (faster than moving your hand from the mouse onto the numpad), since you don’t have to wait for that menu to appear, just press spacebar, hold mouse button and swipe.

In actuality, I wouldn’t recommend changing shortcuts in any new software. Feel your way around a bit first.

Thanks for the info! I really am missing a bunch of stuff already. I’ve used Maya a bit before, but it’s just so hard to get used to how long everything seems to take. The click and drag way sounds promising, though.