Is this a bug in Blender?

The image is from a session using Blender 2.75b. The pixel on the far right has been selected and is being dragged to the right along X. For reasons that I don’t understand, moving the right-hand pixel causes the pixel on the left (inside the white circle) to shoot out in the opposite direction even though it is not selected or part of any group. Attempting to grab the errant left-hand pixel to move it back to its proper position causes the right-hand pixel to shoot out. This started happening when I subdivided the edge segments the vertices belong to. Is there a way to fix this?

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Animation and Rigging”

It’s difficult to tell without seeing the actual .blend file, but it looks like you’re editing a model that has an Armature modifier on it. If that’s the case, what you’re experiencing might be an example of trying to edit in “crazy space”, but it’s more likely that there’s a cyclic dependency in there somewhere and the other moving vertex is a symptom of that problem.

The vertices are bound to an armature, but the armature is in its rest pose and the armature modifier has been disabled on the mesh.

edit:
I removed the armature modifier to the mesh and the problem is still there. I also discovered that the problem also exists on vertices that were not part of the edge subdivide that caused the issue to show up.

You wouldn’t happen to be using X-mirror or anything like that, would you?

Nah, I checked for that. And it wasn’t all of the vertices on the mesh doing that. Just some of them. I ended up deleting the mesh and replacing it with an earlier version. There was some sort of data corruption at work.

Maybe, but data corruption doesn’t quite look like that. My guess is that it there was some kind of cyclic dependency or influence from somewhere. Glad you got it working, though.