Supported for the 32bit XP for the forseeable future?

Hi,

I wanted to know Blender will continue to work for 32bit XP for sometime?

As my interest in blender is very small currently only model tasks and a little of the particle system for hair creation, the system I’m using can’t handle much of that, and certainly not for commercial intent, I should be fine for sometime on an old system.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

Blender is no longer actively supported on Windows XP. It may still work, but there’s no guarantee.

seeing as it has been OVER a year since MICROSOFT actually supported XP sp3

Microsoft is NOT even supporting XP

if you can not buy new hardware for win10

there are LinuxOS’s that can run even on antique pentium3 ( old win98 boxes)
and i have a linux install on a OLD 14 year old dell 8200 that had xp on it

may be it is time to update and upgrade to latest PC machine!

may be wait till Intel comes out with next generation 6 very soon hopefully.

happy bl

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, that is all I have for use, even an older Optiplex GX270 with a faster processor than the Pentium 4 on the Dimension 4600 UK version as an alternative if a component not replaceable packed up. Over twelve years running this Dimension. I can just nearly have my cake and eat it.

I didn’t realise Blender had no longer supported XP, I thought it was. The 2.73a version I guess runs fine so far. The only up to date program is Firefox.

If I was doing quite serious 3D tasks then I guess that is a necessary.

Make friends with a gamer and ask them for a passmedown machine. Although if you don’t mind something a little dated you can normally put together a machine for dirt cheep if you do a little shopping and take your time.

Oh, I’m not knowledgeable in hardware as in constructing a system, not really into that practical side. I of course out of preliminary research having taken a look at Desktop systems via Amazon UK for £100 or more, they aren’t promising. And the Dell UK site, some of the old banger system available on Amazon are as expensive as a cheap Small Desktop from Dell.

I would say look into the gamer community that is local and see if you can contract out ether building one or buying a used one. As for actually building a machine anymore there is very little to it that youtube and google can not solve. Just make sure all your parts fit together in regards to ram/motherbord type and cpu and mother board type.

Although sometimes you can find nice deals on ebay. Just be practical about it and take your time.

Computing is an interest, or really was more so end of the decade. When I was nineteen. As it wasn’t possible for employment.

So its sort of like, well this pc is still useful but the only one I can use with the exception of the optiplex as a backup, temporary of course. But yeah, just viewing these old hardware, but newer in comparison is disorientating. I feel as if I’ve been a way for a long time from all of this.

There was a time when I felt I was on top with the rough idea of the system on sale via Dell for example, now I don’t even know or think about it.

I would look for a used windows 7 machine if XP is what you are use to. Windows 8 went a little sideways. And 10 has some mixed opinions.
Just keep your eyes open on criegs, Ebay and the like. Sooner or later someone will have a machine to sell for cheep.