AT AT - Cycles

Hey, I am currently testing a few things for a scene I would like to develop and would appreciate feed back on the model currently :slight_smile:

It’s about 80% done in terms of modelling and I have yet to start the materials then nodes etc. so feed back would be nice.

Did you look at a reference when making this? It doesn’t look anywhere near tall enough. Thankfully that should be fairly easy to change. Otherwise the modelling looks good everywhere. The head could use some work, and you should try to smooth out some of the hard edges with a bevel or something. Good luck!

Thanks for the feed back matey!! I did use blueprints of the model, and It does look short and stumpy, the head I only started needs alot of work yet, hence no close ups :slight_smile: I’ll take your points into account thanks!

Still a few greebles and such you’ll want add in to the body panels, you don’t want giant smooth surfaces on a model like this. SEe the pic here for example http://www.starwars.com/databank/at-at-walker Not only do the smooth panels look really boring, they give the weird impression that part of the model is all one giant sheet of metal, which isn’t how it would be built.

Also, when you’re showing a model without any textures or lighting done, it’s best to do an AO render. Your lighting here is obscuring a lot of mesh details on shadows or flat environment lighting.

Thanks Man! Im looking back now and theres a few things you can’t see to my bad lighting! it’s what I get for rushing I will update and improve thank you!