LWO importer and Blender 2.76

Can anyone verify for me that the LWO scene importer is broken for Blender 2.76?

In 2.75 it works perfectly fine, but if I try to use it in 2.76, it either fails to bring in any geometry, or it “thinks” it has, but all that is visible is a couple of curves from the whole thing, not the whole object.
Attached is a zip file with an LWO object in, loads fine in Lightwave, (duh) and using the importer in 2.75 Blender. However, try it in 2.76b and err, yes, not quite sure what is going on.

make a bug report on developer.blender.org

Just tried to import your model and only the outer shell is importing for me on 2.76, none of the interior guns, etc. Might be a problem with the 310 two point polygons would be my guess. The model imports as you said fine into modeler.

Imports great into 2.75 too so something must have changed as it’s the same script.

report it and it will be fixed: https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/create/?project=2&type=Bug

Sweet, thanks.

Did this ever get resolved? LWO files still fail to import properly in 2.79b.

Nope, I don’t think anyone is looking at it. Collada export from LW is the best option for 2.79 That said, there’s not much issue in using the 2.75 zip of Blender and just utlizing the LWO importer there as I do.