Is it possible to port a Blender Game to PS2?

I recently got an old ps2 my uncle used to have. I’ve never had a console before, so it doesn’t really matter to me this thing is about 200 years old lol. But I was wondering if I could use Blender to create a game for the ps2. If I have to bring it into unreal, i’d do that too. I kinda wanna know if there is any way for me to create a ps2 game.

It was possible to port to the PSX, but the license won’t let this to happen anymore. You can pick a PS2 SDK and write your own engine, that’s the only alternative :stuck_out_tongue:

The answer is plain: No

The answer is yes, once you have a general purpose computing device - like a ps2 - you can always “port” an application written for another general purpose computing device - like a pc - (minus stuff like storage space).
The only limit is time: you have to adapt the subsystem of the blender runtime that allows a bge game to run so that it will run on a ps2.
That translates into lots of reading, familiarizing with the software development tools available for the target platform, trials and errors.
It’s a very time consuming process but it is not art, it’s science.

This is no science. Developing an application is a lot of engineering and much more work.

The answer is still, No.

No skills, no time, no easy way.

You can’t “port” Blender nor the BGE. You can’t even compile it for that platform. Yes, you can grab the BGE source … but I do not think you can build it for that platform. (This might be different with Linux on PS3).

Theoretically … Yes, it is possible. In real live … No, not for you (otherwise you would not ask).

It would be much more worth to create a game with game engines that support distribution on PS2 (Blender does not do that). I really do not know if there are any.

I suggest to get some PS2 games and have fun on playing them :smiley:

Yea, i guess so. I thought that udk could export for ps2, might have been only for xbox tho. or maybe it was unty

If I have to bring it into unreal, i’d do that too.

I think you need a a special license for that. It’s not covered under the free 5% royalty.

When I searched for how to build my silly UE4 game to the PS, here’s what I found.

Not sure about UDK.
I think it’s the same for Unity free.

If you find a way to do it for the PS3, PS2, please let me know. :slight_smile:

The answer is yes, once you have a general purpose computing device - like a waf reviews- you can always “port” an application written for another general purpose computing device - like a pc - (minus stuff like storage space).
The only limit is time: you have to adapt the subsystem of the blender runtime that allows a bge game to run so that it will run on a ps2.
That translates into lots of reading, familiarizing with the software development tools available for the target platform, trials and errors.
It’s a very time consuming process but it is not art, it’s science.

Thanks for guidance,
and i was wondering if you can provide instructions on how to perform this then it will be very nice.