Old Church WIP

I’ve been given permission from Blenderartist Mezaka (/u/Mezaka

first, let’s make a church:

wall siding and roof created with JArch-Vis addon. great stuff!!

added terrain. mountain created with ANT landscape addon. it’s actually placed pretty far away but it looks close since I opted for 65mm camera angle to appear as zoomed in.

adding materials, playing with mist pass… should I lower the camera angle so it doesn’t look as zoomed as it is now?

added foliage, playing with lighting. still missing many details… any thoughts?

nobody? anybody? I feel so lonely here…hello? is anyone there? I heard there’s a cake at the end… :stuck_out_tongue:

hey i actully liked the #3 render better, the grass do u use the jittered setting ? couse it looks a little wierd mainly on the left side, and i would add som many trees on the base of the mountain , a few less there would be better i think. still good job so far.

“i woulden´t” add so many tress was what i was meaning to write ! :stuck_out_tongue:

thx for you input, mate. now that I changed zoom setting I kinda like it more this way. the distance is more pronounced IMHO. I’ll probably end up making both versions before I decide which to publish. I do have to rework trees distribution so I’ll change density at the base… :wink:

still missing many details… any thoughts?

Hi heraSK,

It’s a really nice scene!

Some objects in the foreground might add some tension to the picture, or maybe a path? Meadows are often surrounded by fences.

hey, thx. a small creek with a wooden bridge might be an excellent addition. I’ll give it a go and see if I can pull it off. never done that before… :-))

okay, a creek was a no-go since the camera is pretty low so water doesn’t show. plus, the bridge gets in the way and obstructs the view either on mountain or the church. anyway, I’ve done all I intended to, it’s pretty close to original (no tombstones though). any more thoughts before I publish it in finished section?

EDIT:
different lighting test…