bmpcc dng sequence

Hello
Do it possible to open dng sequence directly in blender?
I opend single frame in krita without problem, but can’t do in in blender.

I can’t test right now, but I’m pretty sure the raw cinema dngs from the bmpcc aren’t happy in blender (not even really in Mac OS). Depending on what you’re doing you may need to convert to a movie format or to (say) a .png sequence. Generally the raw sequences need some preprocessing that’s probably better done in Resolve (or maybe Krita?). I can check this tomorrow further if you like.

All I ever got to decompress of dog files was the little jpeg thumbnail image, Blender just doesn’t recognise them.

The VFX workflow I’ve used in the past when the source has been DNGs is to convert them to EXRs, which are more universally accepted across apps and platforms. It allows you to maintain the raw-ness of the image as well.

Now that sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

To explain a bit more, you create a ProRes or DNxHD or other editing-codec MOVIE file, and burn the frame numbers from the DNG sequence in it. This you give to the editor, who, at least initially, works with the original plates. The editor can send exports to the VFX / 3D teams, so they know what EXR images they’re working with.

When the VFX / 3D teams return footage to the editor, they send MOVIE files, with matching timecode burned in the image, or (in some cases, depending on the director’s preference) in the first frame. You do this until the final shot is approved, at which point you send a higher-quality render (sometimes EXR images, other times ProRes4444, etc) for color correction, etc.