Mechanical keyboards?

I know it’s a personal preference thing but i’ve nearly got my my new pc up an running and am starting to look for peripherals. Having used the mac keyboard for ages i think it would be nice to try something different.

I’ve been looking at the cherry mx brown switches, does any one know if they are good for typing? Better for you ergonomically, or are they just a gamers thing? Thanks.

I have a keyboard with brown MX switches and really like it, it’s imho a great mix between a typing and gaming keyboard. Especially for keyboard-heavy software like Blender, the force feedback of the keys is a really nice thing to have.
It takes a bit to get used to typing with them since with regular keyboards you have to push the key all the way down to activate it, but with mechanical switches reaching the force feedback point is enough. Therefore, in the first week you’ll probably make a lot of noise hammering on the keys, but after some time you get used to it.

Thanks Lukas

I never knew that about the force feedback point, that makes me even more intrigued, i think i’m sold.
When i look at a mechanical keyboard they just scream blender to me, i’m a shortcut nut. Thanks for the advice.