Dynamic paint bug?

Is it a bug? Everything set up correctly. Text which is a brush touches plane - canvas which set to waves type. I tried with another meshes and changed subdivisions and removed doubles… nothing helps. I noticed that this deformation is always happens in the same corner of the mesh…I am using Blender 2.74

here is another attempt just with simple plane with no thickness. And again as you can see the same corner has some weird deformation…other parts of the mesh looks okey. Please help.

Not sure without a blend. The normals are flipped on the bottom left of top image and it looks like they may be coming from the backside occluded geometry.

Are you sure you need to use dynamic paint, could you just use a displace modifier and keyframe the strength?

I want to use dynamic since it gives more realistic result. I will provide blend file in a minute

Ok, and also explain the effect you want to achieve, it’s possible DP is the best option, but it may not be the only one. I’m guessing you are trying to stamp or have an animated embossing?

please take a look

The idea is to use many different effects in one animation. I started from dynamic paint which i know quite well. So at the moment i want either plane to have little waves when text touches it or text to be with waves so i might change brush with canvas then…It will depend on what looks better.

then i will add other brushes which will emit particles of sparks and little bit of paint smudge, but at the moment i need to find out what happens with waves

so at the beginning text looks like this -

You have a Sphere on a hidden layer (layer 1, object name ‘Sphere’) which is a dynamic brush and it is causing the inverted backlash, delete the sphere, or disable the dynamic paint on it and re bake.

Also you should apply the scale on cube.002 (the wall) ctrl-a to apply scale

@Photox

Woow. Thanks a lot, mate. Didnt know that sphere can cause such problems since it on a different layer and beside its different brush. Weird. But now everything works fine!