Hugo1005 - Sketchbook

Hey guys,
This is my first generalised sketchbook where I’ll be posting most of my wips from now on.
I spent about 3 hours on this concept art below, I’m still pretty amateur, but hopefully improving.

At the moment it still looks pretty ruff. My plan is to experiment redoing this concept now with the use of 3d models as a base and painting over from there, Eg land rover defender, landscape and oil refinery towers etc. Hope you guys like it! Any comments /critique welcome.

Hugo1005

Attachments

Hey guys,
Another quick update, the Defender is getting near a fully modelled stage, it took longer than expected, but I think that was because I was worrying about topology to much, however I’m pleased with the result so far, I will provide wire frames when finished.

Hugo

Very cool, love seeing people use their own concept art, and painting over cg. :yes:

Thanks phoenix,
I think there is a lot of potential for 3d in concept art so I’m really trying to experiment in using it.
For the moment here is another work in progress from the defender with mat cap:

Ps: Any suggestions on composition for final image to get the most out of my 3d models?
Hugo1005

Hey guys,
Back again with another update. I’ve been taking a look at some of the 3d environments done by Ben Mauro, on Youtube. I noticed how he really centres his piece around the high detailed object e.g. mech etc. So i’ve come up with this block in.

The concept is to be set in a middle eastern / north african city. The scene is to going to depict some journalists whose car has broke down in the middle of a firefight, between local rebells and an invading army. I plan to base this piece loosely on the style of the cities /movies Mogadishu from Black Hawk down and Freetown from Blood Diamonds.

Hope you guys like it. I will begin to try to block in further details then move to some basic shaders and then photoshop.
Any comments suggestions welcome.

Hey guys,
I’ve taken the 3d into photoshop and started to block in with some images I have taken of some souks and traditional arabic buildings. I’ve then started the paint over process, blocking in some main forms.

Any comments suggestions are welcome!
Hugo

Hey guys,
Another concept art related post, Again I’m using 3d as a base. I’m going to try an depict a UN style building set in the future, which is now under siege as peace talks between two powerful nations fall apart/ or something along those lines.