Rigid Body Corruption In Vers. 2.75 and 2.76??

I’ve already posted an example in the Forum, with a link to a Blend file, but no responses. I’m following various tutorials using Rigid Body function; however, they are using Vers. 2.6, et al, and I have 2.75 and 2.76. Cannot find any tutorials using 2.75 or later.

Creating a simple four link chain, I absolutely can’t get Rigid Body to function properly!. In fact, my copies of Vers. 2.75 AND 2.76 won’t allow Shift/R to repeat the last function. When I “activate” all links of the chain, they turn green, then fly in all different directions when playing animation. It’s very frustrating!!

Am I the only one having problems with these versions, or is there a known issue??

Here’s the simply four chain link file: https://jumpshare.com/v/veLuDMwRUFbAwRq2i6Py

LATER: I THINK IT HAD TO DO WITH RESIZING THE CHAIN LINKS??

I’m using 2.76 and your file (and the previous ones) function normally. Try using a recent build on BuildBot and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply, AlanK. I have downloaded the latest (2.76.2 from Blender’s website, and it still functions erratically.

I create a simple four link chain, select one link and change it to Mesh; then, select the other three links and choose Copy From Active. I add a plane and make it Passive, then select the Play button. As long as I don’t resize the links, they will all fall together, THEN, after striking the plane, they break up into spinning objects in any direction. If I resize the links more than 50%, they break up IMMEDIATELY when the play button is selected!!

I’m on an iMac 64-bit version, and this is driving me nuts!

Here’s a link to my current file/settings for this project. https://jumpshare.com/v/RHRJY352VQt9ycXwPxEe The chain hovering above the text just explodes when I hit the play button - I want it to fall, still linked, and land on top of the text.

Would you, or someone, please look at my settings and tell me where I’m going wrong? Thanks!!

Apply scale to the chain links (Ctrl-A), the scale of rigid bodies should be 1. Then, try decreasing the setting the Sensitivity Margin of collisions to 0.001 instead of 0.04.