Dunes

I am working on a water front scenery, some objects and plants still need to be modelled. But I wanted to bring the first stuff together :wink:

Attachments

1 Like

Quite nice iMHO!
Is everything modelled, or is part of it a photo?

if you zoom in , slightly right of the lighthouse you can see a bird - that one is a 2d billboard. Rest is 3D models.

It might just be that I live too far from the sea, but the sand and dune grass look awesome to me, very convincing!

The lighting is good…a little to sharp on the lighthouse. I don’t know what the center of the piece is. get rid of it. Or replace it with a story. Great job.

the thing in the center will be replaced of course - this is just a scale reference to get the proportions right.
I probably will add some shrubbery and perhaps a row boat. Or a fence. Still undecided.
Lighthouse comes of to harsh, probably the white is to white.

I wouldn’t know that it is a render if you didn’t say it. Can you explain a bit how you did the sand (modeling the fluffy profile and the materials)? It looks absolutely convincing!

Perhaps an old rescue row boat, waiting patiently to be used again?

I will try to provide the sand material tonight or probably some when this weekend.
After a first try, that got more and more complicated and did not look right, I started from scratch with a very simple approach.
So far only procedurals, some mixed noises driving a bump map.

That would be great, thank you!

nice composition - a quiet isolated place.sand dune and material is very convincing.grass could have some variation(maybe some dry grass).lighthouse can look a little weather worn.

I added a download to my web space, perhaps I will add a few more objects at a later stage.
The download contains a simple test scene with the procedural sand and also some dirt objects, scattered on the surface.

http://wallis-eck.de/2013/project/dunes-wip/

This is awesome, thank you very much!

it is right out of my scene and has not been structured so far - hope it is still of use

Yes it is, it answeres all my questions! Thank you again!

It looks very good; photorealistic even. The atmospheric haze gradient is a nice touch. I can’t see a single element that needs changing.

I started to work on a small row boat , mainly needs UVś and texturing now. Created a bit color variation for the grass populations and wanted to test a softer light.
For the background image/sky I used Terragen, but this is also in an early stage

Attachments

It looks like one beach in Finland. I hate those weeds, because those makes wounds on your feet when you don’t have shoes… :smiley:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=yyteri&newwindow=1&biw=2133&bih=1074&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsrcXmoaLJAhUGBSwKHV67Ai8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9

sorry, I didn’t want to stir up bad feelings :wink:

nice beach

I see several objects using the different images
you did not use particles for that
but how did u distribute theses ?

your sample file does not include the green plants
are these done with particles objects may be ?

happy cl