help for newb on rigging (I think?)

Greetings. I have no idea what I’m doing. I downloaded this character to make illustrations for a children’s book and it’s been fun getting everything to work and putting on some textures. But for the life of me I can’t figure out what the the three little ovals you can see highlighted pink in the pic are for. The two that aren’t selected control the movement of the eyes. So I thought they would control something else with the eyes or on the face. But I don’t see it. Any help would be appreciated. Just to qualify again. I’m a newb with this bones and rigging thing, so the answer could be staring me right in the face (pun intended) and I wouldn’t see it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408984[/ATTACH]

Probably the pupils. Try scaling them.

-LP

Ah ha! Ur right, the big middle one can be scaled and the pupils respond likewise. But alas the two smaller ones are still a mystery. They can be scaled and translated in the up position (z axis but with a green arrow for some reason.) and I have tried doing both. But I don’t see anything. Hmmmm…

I downloaded the character to check it out.

The big oval rotates the eyeballs. Middle circle sizes the iris by scaling the control. The two beside that rotates the eyeballs and scales the irises independently. The two outside circles scale the pupils. Put the viewport shading into texture mode or above to see the pupils (setting is found in the 3D view header).

-LP

Got it! Thanks. Never thought you would want to scale the pupils like that on a child character to make it look high! :rolleyes: