Our time?

Hi guys,
I would like to have some opinions about this scene, if it looks good to you and if it’s clear enough (or not understandable at all) :stuck_out_tongue:

With our capitalistic approach we slowly destroy our own world. I suppose it means something close to that. ?
By the way , a nice render.

Thank you!
Yes, this is a point. And also that we control it and for the moment we are in a dominant position but it will soon return against us because it will be very hard to live without it. The machine at the right is supposed to contain a mecanism that is set to return the sandglass when all the sand will be fallen. And so the city will be swallowed up by what it has destroyed.

good mood and render:
-the webs on the bottom are not explained, if it means this is happening from along time ago then the surroundings are very clean, no dust around, no corrosive areas.

Thank you for your feedback! There was not really meanings behind the spider webs, I thought that the scene was a bit empty and I saw the tutorial on creative shrimp so I thought that I could add some of them, but I actually done them very badly and I think removing them for the final render.

So I made some little changes and I post my final image

looks much better without the webs, also why not dirtying all the scene, it would look 10 times more interesting.

Nice render! I like that it conveys a message too.

As far as critiques go, there are a few things that stand out to me:

• there’s some kind of square hole in the background wall…what is that? Theres some kind of gold piece attached to the oval wire too; I don’t know what that is either, but it seems to be pointing right into that hole in the wall. Neither of these things would have grabbed my attention on their own, but with the one pointing directly at the other, it caught my eye.

-the colors of the sun in the reflection look clamped. It’s like all yellow, then all red

-not sure what that black smudge is on the bottom half of the hour glass…Fossil maybe? That’d be cool

-maybe it’s the perspective, but the bottom half of the hour glass looks smaller than the top half. I can clearly see part of the upper half on the left wooden dowel, but not the lower half

All that said, it’s still a pretty awesome render as is :slight_smile:

bat3a, thank you for your advice but I don’t really know how to do that xp Do you mean changing every textures to make them look dirtier?
Jeepster: your comment answers well to my first question ^^ I was mainly wondering if someone could understand that there was at the right a kind of machine that “is supposed to contain a mecanism that is set to return the sandglass when all the sand will be fallen” like I said upper. So, what you see at the right is not a wall but this machine, and the pieces of metal link the mecanism to the hour glass :stuck_out_tongue: ok, I understand that it can look weird, i hope it does not disturb to much while seing the image.
In the bottom half of the hour glass there are several animals that have been buried by the sand and that represents the species that have already disappeared.
And yes, you’re totally right, the bottom half is smaller than the top half xD I didn’t use the mirror modifier and thought it was approximately the same. Now that you said that, it seems pretty obvious…
Thank you for your comment!