finished body sculpt

Hello everyone. The head features were modeled based on a person’s two image references .then went back and detailed the ear and other areas with sculpting. The eyeballs are sculpted from the mesh itself.after retopologizing, will put in spheres. There is something off about the face but I’m not sure what it is. Whole body was sculpted from scratch. I am trying to reach a natural and organic look. I really focused on the front of the body. multiple opinions and critiques are mostly appreciated and are welcome. hope everyone likes it.

Attachments

I would say some creases around the nose and mouth. and maybe some on the forehead. and maybe a more defined muscular head shape to match the body. Looks like a baby head on a body builder. The body anatomy looks decent. But you are better than me so i can’t really talk.

Looks much better than anything I could do, but anatomically speaking, he seems to be missing some neck…

cool thanks for the feedback. i wondered about the neck myself, but because i was going for the buffed body, i wasn’t sure. a question for you, how could i make this get more reviews? i want people to give me as much as feedback as possible but i only got 2 feedbacks. thanks

Hi,

it looks good and you finely worked out the different muscles, but i still think some things could be improved. Don’t get me wrong. I think it is a really great sculpt and it is really smooth and clear.

• the transition between pectoralis major and deltoideus. There is a small hole at the top where no muscle is, I couldn’t remember how it is called or also couldn’t find it so quick. But it’s the blue part bellow the clavicula
  • i would place the nipples slightly more outside and up, but only slighlty
  • The shape of the seratus anterior could be definded a little better and i would smooth the transition to the rectus abdominis
  • At the neck, above the part where the claviculum meets the sternum, it doesn’t goe outside but there is a hole that goes inside, especially when the sterno claedio masterideus is that visible.
  • and I would add a little bit of volume at the bottom part of the external oblique

ok cool, thank you so much for your feedback, really appreciated.i will definitely look into and improve what you have mentioned. In regards, of the jaw and going into the neck, is the jaw and neck look anatomically ok?because i was trying to give him the muscular structure around the neck and shoulder area, does he look like he is missing some neck?

I think the neck looks strange because the proportions of the head are strange.
The ears are really low and the forehead is really narrow. It looks like he is looking upwards but I am not sure if he is. The side view would be helpful to see if that is so and if the jaw is right. I think you would solve the problems at the neck, if you solve the proportion problems on the head. I took a random image from the web which could go in the same direction like you want your character to be. Hope this is useful.

Hello everyone. here is an update on this project am working on. I did some adjustments for the neck and other small tweaks. thank you so much for the comments and criticism. it means the world. hope you like. :o

Attachments

That six pack looks to blocky and flat to me. It is also very rarely 100% symmetrical in reality. But nice job overall.

Your body sculpting needs a loot of improvments, it doens’t look real, some pieces are to flat and some others ‘joints’ are missing, the back is kinda weird under the shoulders, try to sculpt each muscle at a time, and them put everything together, it’s a good exercise of anatomy and sculpting.

But you have some pretty good skills on Blender sculpting, you have used the tools pretty nicely.

all good advice above,

Also are you sculpting in perspective mode?, if not change to perspective when sculpting.
Numpad-5 ,

When you look at your model from a specific angle in orthographic you are viewing a flat projection of your model from that specific angle, no depth information. you are effectively trying to sculpt a 2d photo of your model, then every time you turn your model you try to fix it by sculpting a new 2d photo taken from another angle, does this make sense?

Also:
Orthographic focal length is something like 1000, no depth.
portrait camera shots are around 105,
telephoto zoom around 200mm (celeb paparazzi shots)

so if you are sculpting from ref images they are in perspective, so even a flat front view should be in perspective mode to match ref images.

the abdominal muscles seem too hard edged, imo.