Mastering blender

Ahw I find myself in an infinite loop mastering blender:
trying out:

• animation nodes, sverchok, renderman, luxrender , yafaray, cycles pbr materials, npr rendering, mira tools and hundreds of other addons, digging deeper into sculpting, retopology, other software like fusion, inkscape, photoshop, gimp, krita (maybe 30 other programs or tools), the new features at each new build, etc etc, I could write a pagefull or maybe 2 pages.

And then, I go back… for example; “what was that mira tools again?”.

In the beginning I made a render a day, and now I see to much things or possibilities, holding me back to be productive.

Did you experience the same, and did you find a remedie to it?

I never did. I tried to find a big long term project I could join and start my own but none really worked. I have tons of models and many different test and short animations.
Then I burnt out a few months ago. I used blender almost every day for 6 years then just stopped.

professional procrastination.
hm… yes i have it too. but some time ago concentrated on exact my tool and searching BN only wth RSS reader, can be found on my github profile as music player too. this shit got me and i procrastinator long term.

The only way to do a job like this, is to do it the way that Charles Schulz (Peanuts) did it … but with the difference that you actually do take vacations. You become a creature of habit. You start your day spending six-and-a-half hours noodling around on BlenderArtists, then an hour watching YouTube videos vaguely relating to CG, and you spend the next thirty minutes doing real work! :smiley: