Mewtwo reimagined

This my early concept dyntopo sculpt of mewtwo. I like the head but some parts still don’t look satisfying. I plan on retopo and then do more precise sculpt on multires. Then i plan on texturing and rigging. What do you guys think? what should i keep an eye on when furrther modelling? What to improve and what to change? Honest and constructive critics always welcome

I don’t know but to me your sculpt looks more like a Giger-Alien-creature then the typical friendly neighbourhood pokemon… just sayin :confused:

I think that’s the point. The title of the thread is “Mewtwo Reimagined.” Personally, I think it looks awesome so far. The main issue I see is that the detailed sculpting, while very cool, lacks a little focus. Think about the underlying reason a certain body part would have detail, and then give it that detail. For example, I think the ears should be a lot smoother, or else have a very fine bump map indicating some sort of scaly skin. The same for the top of the forehead.

Again, this is also my opinion, but I think the ends of the fingers should be somewhat more balled and rounded, like in the anime. Of course this is your project, and I think that’s just a matter of opinion. All in all this is looking really good. Good luck!

Thanks. As i said earlier this is some sort of early concept-sculpt. It lacks of detail becaouse i honestly don’t have certain idea for eg. hands and back. I don’t have much time for this one, this is a side project. Still lacks of one specific idea.

@@kyomotion This shoul look kinda that way. Well mewtwo was the most badass evil sociopathic pokemon of the first generation. I wanted to make him look grin and scary like i’ve seen him when first time saw the pokemon movie. The concept was heavili inspired by arvalis mewtwo on deviantart

nice…
he looks like some egypt alien cat god creature :evilgrin:
i love realistic cartoon or anime stuff recreations :smiley:

i do not remember if the eyes should be more alien like

Can’t wait to see it after texturing and rigging it, what about Mew?

](http://arvalis.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-333735717)

Oh well… I did not know that a pokemon has sociopathic powers. Oh well then :slight_smile:

[

](http://arvalis.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-333735717)
OH MAN JE### F#CK##G CH###T!! :eek:What the hell is that thing?! :confused: Zombie? OMG I really getting to old for this j/k :slight_smile:

Regarding your trouble on how to sculpt certain details: Well this zombie thing is… at least detailed. Just get some inspiration from that one, hmmh?

I would second what someone else said about the ball-fingers. I think they’re a pretty distinctive feature of Mewtwo that would be good to carry over. Aravlis’ pokemon concepts are amazing. I’ve been meaning to do a sculpt of Mewtwo, but I’m not a very good sculpter… Really excited to see where you go with this project. I would also consider going for smaller eyes. The eyes are probably the hardest thing to deal with when doing restyled Pokemon because the original usually has anime-style eyes. Often to get other looks, you end up with smaller eyes. The current large eyes give it a very humanoid alien look, like a grey or something. You might want to play with smaller, more cat-like eyes and see how it works.