I reported a bug and it was fixed. Now what?

Sorry if this question seems dumb and has already been answered but to me it doesn’t look very easy to find for an artist who doesn’t want to go through a long reading on blenderwiki nor get developer skills (yet, because we all should at some point, right?).

So I reported a bug on developer.blender.org and it was fixed. On the page is a code to paste somewhere. The directory is given at the top but since it’s in Blender’s source code, it doesn’t tally with the directories of my computer’s file browser. I guess I have to use a program to enter and navigate the code but it apparently depends on the language to use. Anyway I found these wiki pages a bit vague for someone without coding knowledge, so I don’t know how to use the bug fix.

In case you want to see this specific bug fix, here it is.

Thanks for your help.

With a bug fix, that means it show up in the daily builds - so download a build from the buildbot https://builder.blender.org/download/

Oh, well that’s easy. I didn’ expect builds to be uploaded this fast. However my particular bug fix doesn’t seem to be there yet. What if I want to just paste the code in order to keep the rest more stable and have just this bug fix immediately ? Is there a not too complicated way?

The buildbot versions are updated daily so the fix will be included in the next update.
Otherwise you would have to download the whole source code and compile your own version. Just much easier to wait a few hours

I see the dates and it doesn’t seem to update daily. There’s a 2 weeks gap between oct 11 and 26. But I guess you mean once a change has been made, the update won’t take longer than a day.

Oh, actually today’s build overwrote yesterday’s, that must explain the gap.
I tested and my bug fix is there !
Thanks for the help !