Can't post attachment

Hi guys

I can’t seem to upload files here. I press the +Add Files button, browse the file, and press Upload. The window indicates it’s busy with that turning wheel for a few seconds, (Sometimes the lower left corner says: “Uploading 1%”…“Uploading 2%”…“Uploading 3%”…and then it jumps back to 0% and starts over) and then it stops, as if it were done uploading, but the file isn’t listed in the uploaded attachments.

I’m not entirely sure about this, but were you only experiencing that problem when you had fewer than 10 posts, or are you still having the issue now? Also, in which forum were you trying to use attachments?

There are file size limits.
Ensure you remove any uneccessary data from the blend file and enable the ‘compress’ option in the save file window.
You could alternatively just upload to another file host site (dropbox, google drive, one drive) and include a link to the file. For blend files you can use http://www.pasteall.org/blend/

Hm alright, I’ll try. So what’s the file size limit?

From the file upload manager screen

Hm, then it can’t be the size. The size file I wanted to upload is 197.175 KB. On a side note, I’m using Google Chrome, but it didn’t work on Internet Explorer either.

Just for clarity… what kind of file are you trying to upload.

I’m trying to upload a .blend file.
Just as a test I’m uploading a default blend file, and that’s working. (Why is the default blend file 440 KB when my moderately complex forest scene is 197 KB? Hmpf, I’ll have to do some experimenting.)

Attachments

emptyfile.blend (441 KB)

Hrm… that’s very strange. And it’s possible for you to upload your nonworking file to pasteall.org?