BGMC 18 | Gravbug

Well, I didn’t quite make it over the finishline in one piece this time, but here’s the my fruit of this week’s labour.

Alas, no time for… well, quite a lot of things, really. I had wanted a small intro and outro, but ambition seemed to get the better of me for the levels. C’est la vie.

Your goal is to get to the bridge of your damaged ship. Controls are the arrow keys. Press Down to go through a door.

The only changes that have been made after the stroke of midnight (NZ time over here) were making files relative to their folder. Plus, a bit of culling of unused files to save on space, since this turned out way larger than it should’ve been (clean up was on the bottom of the list.)

Music was sourced from freesound.org, as was written by Eric Matyas.

Oh, and start with Level 1. :wink:

Attachments

BGMC - 18 Gravbug.zip (6.79 MB)

Oh dear. After a bit of a re-playthrough some bugs are already showing their ugly heads. Currently you can only reach the third level before there’s a recursion in the levels. I’ll have a go at fixing it, and some of the other problems, tomorrow.

Nice game, nice graphics, looking forward to play through it.

Hi all.

Here’s a version with all the major bugfixes done. It lacks a lot, so I don’t think it’s in the running for the win. Nevertheless, give it a playthrough if you so feel, and I hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Attachments

BGMC - 18 Gravbug 2.zip (7.16 MB)

I have played the first version, nice and funny style and gameplay.
I made it to Level 4, but can`t figure out how to switch off the electric field.

Hey Lushmoss, nice you did it.
For everyone interested: Level 4 is solveable, no bug there.

This game is awesome!

Only (potential) bugs I noticed: When you die in level 4, you go back to the start of level 3; on level 1, pressing [space] does weird things; and on the levels with gravity, if you start walking mid-air, when you hit ground you slide.

I made it to level 6, and I’ll give it another go when I get the chance.

Thanks for the kind words all. I appreciate 'em. :slight_smile: I’m in half a mind to possibly expand on the game to be more centered around manuveuring yourself around the outside of the ship (and in an asteroid belt) and having to tackle the issues of limited supply of air and fuel. A little less puzzle, a bit more of a race against time, since working on the real physics and making levels around them is something I struggled with in this competition, as well as the flight aspect being the most fun part of the game for me (though, if there was another element of the game that you guys really liked, do let me know). I’ll see if life permits me to work more on it.

@GwennDragon: Argh, I knew I’d miss at least one of the death/level change pointers. Space also used to be the button I’d use to activate the gravity change and the ship being damaged in tests, absolutely forgot to phase it out of the first level.