Blender Conference 2015

Blender conference, 23-24-25 October, 2015.

Presentations - link

Twitter updates - link

Live Streaming - link

Personally looking for “Blender 2.8 - the workflow project” @15:00 today by Ton and “Moving the Blender UI back to its Viewport” by Julian Eisel, tomorrow @11:30

EDIT: Quick link to keep track of uploaded videos

YouTube channel - Blender Foundation

Thanks for showing me this

Thanks for the links. Sadly the live stream is somewhat unreliable for us Aussies at the moment. :frowning:

This debalie twitch service isn’t really… good

Is there a twitch stream?

Yeah, and now it’s completely dead. Not even a glitchy stream, just nothing. Shame it didn’t even live through Ton’s opening keynote :frowning:

Got issues too while watching Ton keynote. Now it’s streaming the Salon via Youtube. Hopefully all the talks will be uploaded for later watching on YT.

it doesn’t have sound…

The YouTube live stream is… well, not so live. They just removed it.

Every year it’s the same problem…
Bad audio, unstable streams.

I’ll watch the Blender 2.8 talk, and catch the rest on youtube.

The “Blender 2.8 - the workflow project” talk was good (though I had to refresh the page every 10 seconds to be able to see it), not very detailed obviously, but at least in theory the 2.8 release will be a very good one. If everything goes according to planned we would finally have a version of Blender that will be more easy to use with other programs or inside a pipeline :D.

Things I personally look forward and hope we can see:

• Object/modifier/physics nodes.
  • Alembic support (not just for caching).
  • UI improvements.

I don’t mind if the current version stays frozen for a whole year if that means we can have all those things for the 2.8 version.

What do you think?

So there will be Blender for kids. Question is is this going to be a separate branch and an entirely new software based off Blender?

I have n’t watched the workflow talk yet but IIRC the blender 101 project is just a proof of concept or demonstrator to show that the the actual bigger project has succeed. The actual bigger project is is too increase how customize Blender is. I think you could see people customizing blender to suit sculptors, animators texture painters etc.

Someone mentioned crowd funding in this video:

Did the issue with the main video stream get figured out? It was stuttering or giving 400/404 errors whenever I tried it.

If it’s dropping out because of the number of viewers, maybe there could be a backup stream on a different service (twitch, ustream, …) for the rest of the weekend?

Misread… “DebilleTV” …:eek:…:rolleyes:… Was glitchy here also so anything remotely live would be fine… though dailies will do.
From what i caught - a lot of experience gathered in last few years - high hopes on future development :yes:

ton’s talk is not on youtube yet. One of the streams had no audio whatsoever.
This year one can not watch the streams on youtube as fast as last year

Anyone know when the talks will be up on youtube? was hoping to watch the 2.8 project today.

I’d love to watch it too.

Damn it, want to watch 2.8 project by Ton and UI presentation by Severin so badly, still not on YT :S

I see what they did there

they make the streaming service so bad that it’s borderline un-watchable
so they can get you to go to the blender conference physically

But where they failed is that it’s not borderline unwatchable,
it is unwatchable :slight_smile: