"Pirate" Fps, Rpg, Adventure, Survival.

Pirates” is a game I’v been making for quite some time now. Basically what it is, its a survival game: Hunger, thirst etc.
Also an FPS: Different kinds of guns, Swords, Knives etc. What I wanted to focus on the most is the ships. I want the player to feel epic as he or she is sailing the open sea in search of gold, adventure or new islands.

What I have so far:

a working Stat System: Hunger, Thirst, Stamina, Health.

Two different foods, and one drink: Apples, Coconuts, Rum. These affect your stats.

A working weather system: Rain. Rain also reacts to houses, Basically when in a house the rain wont come through.

Two different kinds of sea transportation: A Raft, and a small Boat.

A working AI: A cannibal, He walks around, scratches his head when the player is not in his radar. When he sees the player, he chases the player and throws spears. The spears do damage, so he can kill you. Also he can be killed. If you loot his body he will vanish and leave loot. Right now the loot is a health Potion.

Perks: there is only one perk as of now, Its if you drink to much rum. The players screen will get all wobbly, But the effect is that you can sprint even when your stamina is completely drained, at least until the rum’s effects wares off.

What I need to finish:

Inventory system.

A skill Tree.

More AI, Food.

A weapon Swapping System.

A crafting System.

Swimming System.

Day/Night cycle.

Cute.

:smiley:

Keep @ it

Make the gun not fly in air. Either add hand or move it downwards;)
Otherwise looks pretty good.

Thanks allot. Yeah, I used to have an actual Pirate model that would hold the gun, but due to some “issues” I got rid of him, at least for the time being.

Thanks man. I,m going to try.

This is the games Logo.

This game and the logo look very beautiful, I hope you finish it :smiley:
What shader are you using to get those outlines?

Great logo!

Thanks allot man! I really appreiciate the feed back! Also, there is no shader for the black outline.
All I did was duplicate the object, size it up to fit over the original perfectly, Make it shadless and then flip the normals.

Thanks! I’m really glad you guys like it.

Is that method for outline really framerate-friendly? It sounds like you double the vertex count…

your right, It isn’t really good for the frame rate, But Its the only method I know of to make the outline. Do you know of a shader that would work?

blenderrendersky used one for his game Hitman. Ask him. It is kinda edge detection(similar to sobel and stuff like that).

Alright, thanks.

updates?
I’m enjoying your work a lot, Great game idea…

Been creating weapons for my Game. Here are the first two, a Sword and a pistol. There will be more updates later.
Thanks.

Thanks man, Updates are on the way. :slight_smile:

This is what I’m aiming for as far as the look of the inventory system is concerned.

What you see in the picture: Skill Tree on the left, Inventory in the middle, and Crafting on the right. Hope you guys like the look. And any ideas for the crafting, skills, or inventory system are welcome. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Wow… Nice icons:)

Hey, I used an outline filter in a game once

uniform sampler2D bgl_RenderedTexture;
uniform sampler2D bgl_DepthTexture;
uniform vec2 bgl_TextureCoordinateOffset[9];

const float near = 0.1;
const float far = 100.0;

float depth(in vec2 coo)
{
 vec4 depth =  texture2D(bgl_DepthTexture, coo);
 return -near / (-1.0+float(depth) * ((far-near)/far));
}

void main(void)
{

vec4 sample[9];
    vec4 border;
    vec4 texcol = texture2D(bgl_RenderedTexture, gl_TexCoord[0].st);

for (int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
    {
        sample[i] = vec4(depth(gl_TexCoord[0].st + bgl_TextureCoordinateOffset[i])); 
    }

vec4 horizEdge = sample[2] + sample[5] + sample[8] -
                     (sample[0] + sample[3] + sample[6]);

vec4 vertEdge = sample[0] + sample[1] + sample[2] -
                    (sample[6] + sample[7] + sample[8]);

border.rgb = sqrt((horizEdge.rgb * horizEdge.rgb) + 
                            (vertEdge.rgb * vertEdge.rgb));

if (border.r > 0.8||border.g > 0.8||border.b > 0.8){
        gl_FragColor = vec4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
    }else{
  gl_FragColor.rgb = texcol.rgb;
        gl_FragColor.a = 1.0;
    }
}

This is the code. Using it should give you the same effect as before!
Nice project btw! Keep going