BGMC 18 | Star Defender

Hi,

Star Defender is an arcade game in which the only objective is to destroy as many asteroids as you can. I decided to make it a 2D side-scroller with GameBoy visuals. (I love retro games)
The game is really simple (I didn’t have so much time to work on it), but fun :slight_smile:

Video:

Download v0.4 [ Blender 2.76 ]:

I hope you enjoy it :smiley:

Attachments

How can I describe this, this is wonderful. BTW you’re the first one to finish a game here.:slight_smile:

@adriansnetlis
Thanks man :smiley:
Yeah, It’s because It’s a simple game, it wasn’t too difficult to make :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice visuals, Easy to play, and sweet music to go along with it. Nice job!

Finished already?
Well I might as well start playing lol
:smiley:

looks great, plays well, much too easy. gets a little boring after 100000 points. will there happen anything else? hope so. suggestions: exploding meteors that slow down your controls or mirror it.

but til now, you got my vote.

You murderer LioKon was afraid to post his game because off all you being so good at this engine and making him look lame just having greate concept no copy what so ever. But yeah cool visuals maked my realize how terribly much can be made then having skills. :wink:

What does this have to do with gravity?

@S-Markt
Thanks. I updated it. :slight_smile:

@Valentinas
Thanks ^^

@cam.dudes
What do you mean? I thought it was pretty obvious :stuck_out_tongue:

thats pretty obvious. we all love gravity otherwise we would float into space. the game is lovable too, so tada. thats the connection.

This game is so awesome! I love it! btw, Do you think you could teach procedural generation? I would love to learn how to code it :smiley:

Well, I think I can. But you can look into floor_spawner.py to see how it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice game! I like the music. Did you make it with FamiTracker?