The Lonely Maple

Hi guys, this is my New Blend: The Lonely Maple

I Rendered it with 3000 Samples and a little compositing in Photoshop.
I want to improve my skills as an artist so please give your honest feedback!
Thank you very much !

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
[ Antoine de Saint Exupéry ]

I’ve also created my PORTFOLIO: http://dropr.com/blacksmithpictures
If you want let me know what do you think!

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

I like it! The color and composition work very well. Something seems a bit “wire-like” about the grass though. Did you do hair strands, or did you scatter grass clump models? I find the scattered-clumps method works a lot better in most cases.

Thank you! I’ve Used the Grass from the Grass Essential Demo and the Tree (Maple) is from a pack of Tree that I want to share through Blender Market.

Again… thank you for the reply!

Cool! I really like this render. The red leaves look great against both the blue sky and green grass!

Well done!

Hey, I really like the image! Did you hand craft the tree? The texture looks really good and you hid the seams quite well, although the moss is a bit too “patchy”, I think.

Thank you!
yes the Maple is from a big pack of trees that I’ve created and I hope that they will become available soon in Blender Market and Cg Trader.

Beautiful scene and layout. Nice depth of field and color use. It almost looks like a metaphor for something… but I’m not sure what. Maybe an old man tree trying to cling to the last dying embers of its youthful spring?

Yeah I like the Metaphor !
thank You very much !

Great work. I was thinking of creating something similar myself as there is a tree near my house rather like that.

Lovely colours and the leaves are great :slight_smile:

WoW Thank You!!!

I like how the light sorta dims the leaves in the top left corner… Very dreamy feel to it :slight_smile:

Thank you Again guys!
I don’t want to spam nothing but I’ve uploaded this Maple Tree and others in CG Trader… I hope you like them…
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/plant-tree/leaf-tree/broadleaves-pack

Thank You very Much!