Installing Blender into a SSD will speed my Render Mode in 3D viewport?

there is no more to say…

A brand new SSD just arrived to my work. I have it in my drawer. I am ablaze!

But maybe I am ablaze with no reason. Which will be the benefits in blender given by my SSD 250 GB.

Thanks!!

Faster saving and loading files.

I’m not complaining ( after this always comes a complaint ) but only that? *sniff

Hi, you should install or clone your whole OS/software on this disk.
You feel like you bought a new Computer, for me it was like this.
Start system, start software, copy files, unzip, update, all is blazing fast.
But render does not profit.

Cheers, mib

I7-3770k, 8GB, GTX660 TI 2GB, 500GB HDD - This is my PC now. the one who is standing by in my home.
I7-3770k, 16GB, GTX660 TI 2GB, 250 GB SSD - This is the PC I will have tonight when I arrives home.
I7-3770k, 16GB, GTX970 4GB, 250 SSD - this is my intended PC for this year. I am doing some research on the motherboard I have, if it is suitable, and also researching about power consumption and so…

From my PC now, to my PC tonight. I will have improvements on file transfer and caches (SSD) and objects management in the scenes… (RAM?)

From my PC today and my intended PC, will I notice a dramatic improvement on render time and render mode viewport??

thanks!!!

sorry for this long post… I can’t find this specific information anywhere.

If the textures and assets aren’t in the SSD then no.
however blender’s interface will load slightly faster and the BVH cache might be faster(I don’t know I’m pulling the BVH part out of my ass so maybe)

Nope.

SSD’s will make programs start faster because it loads files quickly. It won’t help with rendering speed.

Bvh cache was removed recently, btw. With multithreaded bvh building, it takes more time to load the cached version than it takes to build it.

@sterling

Option to cache BVH is still there,

I checked the 2.77 Release notes(WIP, still not really “released” but the changelog is there)

they are going to remove it completely in 2.77

Yeah, I couldn’t remember if they got it in before or after the codebase freeze

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”