Andrew Price will not be at the Blender conference?

I saw the program for the Blender conference, and I noticed that Andrew Price name is not on the list, what a shame.
I don’t blame him tough, Australia is far away.

At least us Aussies get to meet him at our local Blender meetup :wink:

Much good very many yes

And you think he is the only interesting person?

That seems a little harsh. The guy think’s it’s a shame someone he looks up to cannot make it. That really doesn’t mean he is disparaging others.

Why is this latest news…

Andrew Price is great in attracting certain kinds of people which make everything about him the “latest news”.
From a marketing standpoint, Andrew Price is truly amazing but the other sides…
lets say it like this, he is living up to his surname.

Oh, so there is an anti-Price movement. That explains the reaction.

So what are you saying here exactly?
He makes cool tutorials, he organizes cool contests, he contributes to Blender. He makes a living teaching Blender to other people. Maybe I’m out of the loop, but I see nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

well, his “humour” is to say at least questionable.

anyhow… the Blender Conferences are filled with a lot of talented people.

Ah. His humor is questionable. You know, I’d be very happy indeed if that was the worst thing anyone could say about me.

Honestly, though, who cares about his sense of humour? You’re not being asked to go to a stand-up routine of his or be best buddies at the local pub. If one is looking at someone as inspiration &/or contributor to Blender art, one should be judging their abilities / lessons based on the art.

And, honestly, as a fellow Aussie - that’s not as bad as people seem to be making out. Irreverence is the basis of Australian humour. You don’t have to like it but if that’s upsetting you direly - do not go to a Aussie comedy club. You’ll never get over it.

Cmon guys… Hitler was a pretty nice guy

Well, now you´ve done it. I guess I have to go to an Aussie comedy club :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am still scratching my head why the fuck this is in latest news I am just guessing this is one of those days.

If you want to get a good taste, I suggest looking up Jim Jeffries gun control routine. It’s always up on YouTube somewhere and tends to drive our US counterparts nuts :wink:

Andrew Price was a nice way to get into Blender a few years ago but now his knowledge is questionable at best. You can’t stay making tutorials for newbies forever without stepping up your game. He’s the eternal newbie teaching other newbies.

Gleb Alexandrov is the polar opposite with a lot of knowledge and talent but both ruin themselves with the overdone salesman attitude.

. . UNSW lel . .

Que?
[SUB][SUP]
10char[/SUP][/SUB]

Can this please be locked?..