Need input on my custom PC build before I make purchase

Before I make my purchase for a custom PC build specifically for Blender, I would greatly appreciate some feedback:

> Chassis Model: Corsair Obsidian 550D
> Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 (8-Core) 2.4GHz (8 QPI) (20MB Cache)
> Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS (Intel X99 Chipset)
> System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2800MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
> Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i
> Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (256GB Samsung 850 PRO)
> Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
> Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 120mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler
> Chassis Fans: Upgrade All Fans to Corsair Airflow Performance Edition

In addition, I plan on purchasing 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 ti’s from B&H. My plan is to designate the GTX 960 for my 4k display and use the 980 ti’s for rendering.

I’ve been an Mac user most my life, so I’m still learning the ins and outs regarding PC builds. I couldn’t justify a new Mac Pro with its limited customization and AMD reliance.

Any opinions/advice would be most appreciated before I invest into a machine for Blender. If additional information is needed to provide insight, let me know.

Hi, it seems for me that you have put together a Monster Computer :slight_smile: you keep the focus on the Graphics cards, because they are the most important when investing in hardware for 3D use. I fast CPU and a lot of ram is good but it will not help you so much when rendering. I found a good article that maybe could be interesting for you to read. Good luck with the investment.

Appreciate the feedback and thanks for the article. I found it very useful.