What could cause my huge blend file?

Hi there!
Not sure if this the right subforum. If not, please tell me.

I was actually about to write to a different problem I am having right now, and for this I wanted to attach a blend file.
So from my big project file I removed everything except the parts needed for the problem, but my file is still larger than 9 MB, so I can not upload it (at least I suppose this is the reason).
However, I removed everything I could and found and left only a few simple objects with no textures. I assumed that every non-used data (textures, materials, whatever) would be removed after saving and reloading, but apparently not?
Also, when I grouped my objects and appended them to another blend file, this blend file is only a few KB big. But here, the problem seems to be pretty much gone.

So how can I find out, what is causing this huge size of my blend file? What is still left inside it, that I cannot find?

I would like to upload my blend file, but alas… you know.

Thanks for every hint!

Well, what we do know is that you can upload .blend files up to 30 MB to pasteall

Wow, I did not know this, thanks! :slight_smile:
So here it is: http://pasteall.org/blend/38505

Your 2048x1024 image.

Where can I see this? I was looking for images and textures, but do not know where to look or to remove them.

Uv/image editor.

Ok, must have overlooked it, I thought I had already cleaned that up.
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

BTW, why was that image saved anyway, if the object using it was not there anymore? Shouldn’t it have been removed with its object?

Your file is very small if it is a little over 9 MB. If you want to share larger files you can use Dropbox. I have blend files that are 6-700 Mb :smiley: