Game Assets Pack[WIP, Paid]

I am just trying my hand in turbosquid by slowly making a model pack.

Here is what I have now:
Wooden Fences $3.00
Wooden Barrel $10.00
Winter/Autumn Tree $5.99
Concrete Assets Kit $19.99 FEATURED!
Wooden Crate $10.00

Find all my models: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Adris-3D-Development?referral=Adris-3D-Development

Why I am posting paid product here?

1. It may become useful for some game devs around and they may find it pretty good thing.
  2. I will donate my paid products(as much as I will have made unless I will have a $1000 or larger collection, than I am donating just part) to the BGMC and(maybe) to some other BGE contests if there will be any around.
  3. Some of assets will be free.

Here you can see 5 done of 10 planned haind-painted texture plants package. All the textures are painted in GIMP without any kind of baking etc. Useful for cartoonish style games or animations.

Attachments

Hey Adrian,

Good luck on selling your models. I’ve found personally, that you want to only upload a model once you have made it the very best you can. Otherwise it will not sell.

It’s also really important to get your listing as well presented as you can. They have a special ‘checkmate’ program for checked premium models. You can use the requirements they set out for the checkmate program to help improve your listings. Even if you are not submitting to checkmate program. They don’t accept blender files at the moment for the checkmate program :frowning:

Anyway, here is the link for the requirements, that you can use as a guide: http://support.turbosquid.com/entries/20203606-CheckMate-Pro-Specification

Also, jack your prices up :slight_smile: I made more money in a single month then I ever had after I raised all my prices to the checkmate required price of $19 :slight_smile: If you keep your prices too low, they might contact you directly to raise your prices, or your items may be shunted down the search results.

Those are actually quite nice assets you put up, so people will pay it when they want it.

Again, good luck :slight_smile:

Those two

OK! Thanks!:slight_smile:

However, I don’t understand the checkmate system yet.

About prices - do you mean that I should increase them or something like that?

I’ve used those textures. That grass is from here:

You’re violating textures.com’s terms and conditions.
http://www.textures.com/terms_of_use.html

I’d almost consider the tall grass pack as straight images. Anyone can put an image on a plane and duplicate/rotate.

I don’t use it from there- you’re totally wrong. I even didn’t know that there is site like that. Maybe the place where I obtained it(which sets textures to something like CC-0 unless you share/sell just a blank texture as made by yourself without using it in model or an image as a clipart).
Yes, images on planes is very basic thing, though, but I am not expecting to sell this for billions of people, just for those who don’t want to make all of this theirselves…

For my BGE Plant kingdom package, I used real grass, took a picture of it and then sketched out around for the alpha mask. Its a lot more work but the results are a lot more authentic.

Good idea. I may also do it and update the pack. Let’s use plants which grove around in latvia, although there aren’t much and they aren’t the fanciest. Let’s lend my mums phone for a moment:D

P.S. How do I actually know if somebody has bought it?

Looks pretty illegal to me. Do you have the source? Maybe cgtextures got it from the same location and decided to sell it just as you did. If so then there’s nothing wrong, it’s just kinda dishonest.

And $2.50 for slapping a free texture on a couple planes? I must be in the wrong business.

Why does all the people pay attention to that kit?

However, I don’t know about theese texture thigys. When I get time, I will capture some grass that I find around my home(propably place it on solid surface).

I can’t find this texture anywhere else. It would help to know where you got it from. There’s a whole lot of crap when you decide to sell. You’d still be in trouble even if you were mislead. For all CGtextures knows, you took it from their site.

This is where I think the violation may be (again you may have been tricked, CGtextures claims pretty strongly that they are the author, look at the texture info on the link I had above to the grass texture):

You are permitted to:
c)
sell 3D models bundled with modified versions of the Photos, but only if you add the following text to the documentation accompanying the model:
“One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with photographs from Textures.com. These photographs may not be redistributed by default; please visit www.textures.com for more information.”

I don’t think those grass textures are modified and I see no text that accompanies the model.
They don’t even allow you to build a little library of their textures. They want you to download what you need on an individual project basis.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404623[/ATTACH]
Handpainted plant package WIP.

Wooden Barrel $5.00

A wooden barrel model has been added;)

I been on TS for a few months, i got some good stuff on there…sold nothing :frowning:

Hah…
Yeah… I am placing this here and there… Well - you can’t sell it unless you share it to community(like I do) or get the kinda premium stuff(which TurboSquid gives to top models)… So this is how it works(I guess)

Yay… Just 3 more hours and my birthday is there!!!:slight_smile:

Winter/Autumn Tree $5.99

Added another nice model to collection. Also this is part of next BGMC prize.

I think your models are waaay too expensive. If you look at blendswap, there are quality models by people shared there for free. I think that selling a single lowpoly tree or a barrel, which could be textured better for 6$ is just not right. You´re not really giving people enough quality for the money you ask for.

Hm… OK! What solutions would you reccomend now? I just lead myself to the prices of Turbosquid.

make money and donate for bge… i will try this too…

It is in my plans list. I want to split income between new hardware(GPU, later other components) and BGE. However, there is no income yet:( and I don’t know how to donate money exactly to BGE:(…