wood barrel

Just got done with this tell me what you think?

slightly different angle

The boards look good, but the metal is a little weak. Try enabling auto smooth with the angle set to about 30°, that should fix some of the shading errors. Also, maybe add some rivets to the bands, check out this reference photo:

lol thanks a bunch there are some rivets just the initial picture doesnt showcase them very well. just did the auto smooth and ill re run see what you think

here is one with the rivets i currently have showcased.

at this point im not going for a old barrel look trying to get a nice barrel look and then age it lol here is the ref pic i used for this

Looks good, maybe the boards are a little too wide. Also, the oak they would use in barrels would specifically not have any knots in it. Notice that there are no knots in your reference photo. The wood you have in your barrel would leak like a sieve!

i do fully agree lol made relatively quickly. (trying to practice speeding my workflow) so that was the best image cgtextrues had without taking forever to search. i really do appreciate your input. deffinitly helps :slight_smile:

That wood looks much better.

are you going for a hammered look for the metal rings?

yes i am what you think?

It looks a little dull, maybe find a reference of the kind of metal you had in mind and see if you can dial it in a bit.

hmmmm thanks